We are responsible for the processing of your personal data as described herein, as a controller (as defined in the GDPR). Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or comments on your privacy and our processing of your personal data. You can reach us by sending an email to email@example.com or contact us at:
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE PROCESS
We process the following categories of personal data about you:
- User data. If you are over the age of 16 you can register an Account in School Parrot. During the registration process, you will provide us with your name, address, email and password. You will also be able to log in through your Facebook or Gmail-account. If you are a Registered User whose Account is connected to a Claimed School, we will also process your work title and role at the School.
- Review data. If you choose to leave a written review together with a score, we will process the text you have written which will be shown and linked to your Account.
- Communications data. We will collect data when you contact us regarding School Parrot. Communication data may include user data and other relevant information you share with us about yourself. For example, we collect relevant information about your customer support interactions with us, such as the date, time, method of contact and subject of the conversation. Please note that we receive any information you send to us. Because email communications are not always secure, we encourage you to not include sensitive data in your emails to us and avoid sharing sensitive data with us.
- Survey data. We may contact you to participate in online customer satisfaction surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
- Technical data. We will collect technical data from your computer (or mobile device) in connection with you use of School Parrot, such as IP address, browser type and version, screen resolution, preferred language, geographic location, operating system and computer platform. Technical data may also include information about how you use School Parrot, and if you encounter any technical errors. Even though we do not normally use technical data to identify individuals, sometimes individuals can be recognized from it.
HOW WE GATHER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information you give to us. Most of the information we collect about you is received from you. You may directly or indirectly give us information about yourself in different ways, for example during the registration process as explained above. You can always choose not to provide us with certain information. However, some personal data is necessary in order for us to provide you with School Parrot. Not providing such personal data may prevent you from registering an Account or take full advantage of all features of School Parrot.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL BE USED
We process your personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal grounds:
- To register your Account. We will process your personal data to register your Account. This is necessary to enter into a contractual relationship with you regarding School Parrot and to pursue our legitimate interests, such as our interest in simplifying the registration process for our Users. This is hopefully also in your interest.
- To provide School Parrot to you. We will process your personal data to manage your Account and to provide you with School Parrot. For example, your personal data is used to confirm your identity when you sign in, and technical data to ensure that School Parrot is presented in the best way for you. This is necessary for us to fulfil the agreement we have entered into regarding our provision of School Parrot, i.e. the Terms, and our legitimate interest of upholding our commitments towards you as set out in the Terms.
- To communicate with you. Your name and email address will be used to send you reminders, confirmations, service messages and other relevant information about School Parrot. This processing is necessary for legitimate interests, such as our interest to promote and maximize your experience and use of School Parrot. Feel free to set or turn off notifications in your account settings, or you can follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in email received from us. However, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with School Parrot.
- To market School Parrot. Your contact information will be used to send newsletters or other information regarding School Parrot and updates of School Parrot to you. This processing is based on our legitimate interest of being able to market School Parrot.
- To provide customer support. Your personal data (such as user data, technical data etc.) may be used to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and problems with School Parrot (e.g. bugs). This processing is necessary to provide you with School Parrot as promised and for our legitimate interest in the functionality of School Parrot and upholding our obligations towards you as set out in the Terms.
- To conduct customer surveys. Your name and email address may be used to conduct customer surveys. By continuously collecting qualitative feedback from you and other Users, we can gain a deeper understanding of our Users’ problems and needs. This processing is necessary to pursue legitimate interests, such as our interest in developing and improving School Parrot.
- To develop and improve School Parrot. We use technical data, survey data, and other aggregated and non-personal information to develop and improve School Parrot, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research, statistical purposes and testing (such as beta testing and evaluation of new features, in line with the fundamental nature of School Parrot). For example, we may collect and evaluate technical data about your use of School Parrot for analytical purposes, to understand how people use School Parrot in order to make it more intuitive. This processing is partly necessary to provide School Parrot to you but mainly to pursue legitimate interests, such as our interest in developing and improving School Parrot and its features.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights. We may use information about you if required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, for example in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with an acquisition, merger or sale of our business.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We aim to deliver a great service and user experience. This means sharing information with trusted third parties:
- Our employees and consultants. Your personal data will, when appropriate, be shared with some of our employees and consultants. However, we will restrict access to those of our employees and consultants who need it to perform their jobs, for example to provide you with customer support. Our employees and consultants are of course subject to strict confidentiality.
Our service providers. We transfer to or share your personal data with our suppliers and subcontractors who help us provide School Parrot to you or supply other services to us which require the processing of personal data. For example, we host School Parrot on Google Cloud Platform.
We provide personal data to third parties solely for the purpose of delivering School Parrot and to manage our daily operations. Our suppliers and subcontractors are not authorized by us to use or disclose your personal data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Schools. If you wish to communicate with a school directly through School Parrot, your email, name, telephone number and message will be shared with the relevant school.
- Legal purposes. Sometimes legal obligations may require us to share information about you, for example to respond to lawful requests from law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities. We may also disclose information if needed to detect and prevent fraud or in connection with a legal process, for example to enforce our terms and conditions or to protect our rights, or the rights of our affiliates, you or others.
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer your personal data in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. However, please note that we will never sell your personal data to third parties, unless we have your permission to do so.
WHERE WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We always strive to process and store your data within the EU/EEA. However, your data may in certain situations be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the EU/EEA territory. For example, our e-mail service provider may process your personal data in the U.S.
Please note that privacy laws in countries outside of the EU/EEA may not be the same as, and in some cases may be less protective than, privacy laws in your country. However, we always select our service providers carefully and with your privacy in mind. We also take all steps necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards (e.g. EU standard Model Clauses) are in place to protect your personal information, and to make sure it is treated securely.
You can always contact us for information about the applicable safeguards.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. How long depends on the type of information and why we process it. We regularly review our need to keep data, taking into account applicable legislation.
We keep your personal data until you delete your Account, you have been inactive for three years or withdraw your consent. Normally, we need to keep most of your information for as long as you have an active Account for use of School Parrot. Personal data processed on the basis of your consent (e.g. sensitive data), will be deleted when your consent is withdrawn or upon expiry of the purpose for which your consent was given.
And sometimes longer. Even if you delete your Account or withdraw your consent, we keep your data if and to the extent we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, legitimate interests and the interests of others. Your data may also be stored for a longer period if required by applicable statutory retention periods, such as tax and accounting rules.
We furthermore keep the reviews our Users have given without reference to an Account after the Account has been deleted, or the User has been inactive for three years. This means that the scores you have given, and an eventual written review, will be kept and shown to other Users of the Service but without reference to your Account. If you would like us to delete these reviews, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For example, we place a “Facebook Pixel” on your computer or device for retargeting purposes, which enables us to market School Parrot on Facebook based on how you as a User have used School Parrot and to create marketing campaigns towards a certain group of Facebook-users. To read more about Facebook’s processing of personal data in relation to the use of “Facebook pixels”, please see https://www.facebook.com/business/gdpr?notif_id=1526589150889806.
- Right to object. You have right to object to processing based on legitimate interest. This means we may no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests. You can always contact us for more information on the balance test that has been made. You may also object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to access and transfer your data. You have the right to request a transcript of personal data processed by us, and additional information on how the data have been collected, processed, shared, etc. The first transcript may be requested free of charge. You also have the right to transfer your personal data to another controller.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’). You have the right to request that we delete personal data about you, for example if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, or if there is no legal basis for processing the data.
- Right to restriction. You are entitled to request that the processing of your personal data should be limited until inaccurate or incomplete information about you has been corrected, or until an objection from you have been handled.
- Right to withdraw your consent. You may at any time withdraw any consent you have given us. However, please note that it will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
Please note that legal rights or obligations (such as confidentiality, accounting and tax legislation) may prevent us from disclosing or transfer all or part of your information, or from immediately deleting your information. If you want to exercise any of your rights described above, including to submit a request for deletion of your personal data, please contact us using the contact details at the top
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority (as defined in the GDPR) in the country you live or work in, if you believe that we have not complied with our obligations regarding your personal data. For Swedish purposes, such authority is Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (sw. Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten).